Thursday, June 22, 2017

BabyIt Comfort Gel Review

**I received the featured product free of charge in order to give an honest review.  No other product or monetary compensation was received.  All opinions are 100% my own and others may have a different opinion.  Products received will never influence the content, topics, or posts made on this blog.**


Just a few months ago I shared the happy news that we were adding a new addition to our family.  We have since welcomed that beautiful baby into our lives.  There are so many things that have been helpful along the way.  I just wanted to take some time today and share one of those things with you.

I had never been one for perineal massage with my previous pregnancies.  I decided this time around I was going to give it a try.  It was something that was worth a try after tearing with my previous pregnancies in addition to getting an episiotomy and having a more difficult recovery.

A little bit about perineal massage and BabyIt Comfort Gel:






What is Perineal Massage Anyway? Perineal massage is a daily massage that helps prevent trauma to vaginal tissues during childbirth, and helps postpartum recovery go a little more smoothly. Perineal massage has also been shown in studies to reduce the need for episiotomy during childbirth and to diminish postpartum pain during sex.  

What Makes BabyIt Great?
  • BabyIt is isotonic, meaning its salt concentration is perfectly balanced to match your vaginal cells. Other products are hypertonic or hypotonic, causing water to be either sucked into — or out of — vaginal cells, leading to serious irritation and tissue damage.

  • BabyIt contains NO parabens, oils, or glycerol.

  • Each box includes detailed instructions on how to perform perineal massage.





MY REVIEW:

I decided BabyIt Perineal Massage & Postpartum Comfort Gel would be a great product to give a try in an effort to improve my birthing experience this time around.  I was very happy to have the opportunity to review this product.  I was able to do some perineal massage for just a couple of weeks.  I personally feel weird doing it and I found it a little painful (maybe I wasn't doing it right), but now that I have tried it I feel like it was worth the try.  I ended up delivering my baby 3 weeks early due to some complications so I wasn't able to use the product as long as I would have liked before my delivery.  The gel has a very smooth and slimy texture, but it isn't oily.  It was comfortable to use and I didn't feel like it just sticking around forever.

I am happy to report that during my delivery I actually didn't tear at all this time in addition to the episiotomy!! Not additionally tearing made my experience better.  I can't say for sure if it was strictly due to using the product and doing the perineal massage but I am sure that the combination of everything really helped in my delivery process.  This also made for a better recovery.


Due to the fact that I wasn't able to use this gel as much as I would have liked before delivery my favorite use for it was actually for after delivery.  It was so soothing for the healing process to use as a moisturizer with the witch hazel pads I was using.  Since this gel isn't oily it washes off your hands very well after application.  Which is very nice compared to many other products.  I like to put this gel in the refrigerator to cool it a little in order to dull the pain a little more and provide more pain relief.  Kind of like what you would do with aloe gel after a sunburn.  After I refrigerated it then I actually applied it to the pads I wore.  This was great to keep my stitches moist so they never felt any "itch" from the healing process.  I also healed a lot quicker this time around and my pain level was very low compared with my previous deliveries.  

This product to me was definitely worth the try.  I really like this product for after delivery and would buy it to use if I ever deliver another baby.
 It was very comforting and helpful to me after delivery.  If you are pregnant or know someone who is pregnant I would suggest you consider trying this product out.  

If you would like to try some BabyIt Perineal Massage and Postpartum Comfort Gel you can find it here

Here are a few photos to give you a little glimpse into our world with our little blessing.

24 Hours old


He changed so much just during the time we were in the hospital.  We were there for 2 weeks and by the time we were able to go home I was SO ready to take my little man home and share him with the rest of the family. 

3 Days old


2 Weeks old when we got to leave the hospital. 


 6 Weeks old.  Boy does time go by WAY too fast!! 


We love this little family of ours. I am so lucky to have them as a part of my life.

If you are trying to conceive or are pregnant check out FAIRHAVEN HEALTH for some great products!

I also LOVE their fertility vitamins!!!

**I received the featured product free of charge in order to give an honest review.  No other product or monetary compensation was received.  All opinions are 100% my own and others may have a different opinion.  Products received will never influence the content, topics, or posts made on this blog.**

No comments:

Post a Comment