Sunday, May 27, 2012

Baby Quilt



I recently took a couple of quilting classes that were very informative and very fun.  I made this cute baby quilt in the class.  I am going to use this same pattern to make my piano teacher a baby quilt.  I really like how this quilt turned out although I still can't get over how busy it is.  I had bought a kit for the class so had to just pick from what they had available.  I liked the purple so that is why I ended up choosing this pack.  They do have one at the quilt shop that I like better than this one and goes with my bedroom colors of grey and purple but I already made the cat in the hat quilt for myself and don't want to spend another $75 to make another quilt of the same pattern.  This quilt was a smaller version of the pattern so it was $40.  I like the pattern.  I really liked how the binding turned out.  I am not quite fond of the striped boarder and squares. Besides that I liked all the other fabric that came in the kit.  I still think it is very busy.  This was the first quilt I did with random pattern for the squares and that was very hard to wrap my head around.  I hope I can get more used to the random patterns.  I learned a lot of awesome tricks to the trade.  I know I will just keep getting better and better from here on out.  I am excited to keep improving my skills and learning new things.  I look forward to growing a lot in the quilting trade. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment