Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pixie Mandy's Projects Kid's Sewing DVD Review


**I received the featured product free of charge in order to give an honest review.  No other product or compensation was received.  My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and others may have a different opinion.**


#pixiemandy

In this how-to-sew video we will make Mandy’s Projects which include a Doll Pillow, Coin Purse, Chic Tote, Sweet Skirt & Rosy Ribbon. These are projects 6-10 in the Pixie Projects Series. You must first complete projects 1-5 to build your sewing skills. Are you ready to get started?

Join Katrina Marie in the 2nd DVD of the Pixie Projects Series. Pixie Mandy loves the color purple, and you will love learning how to sew all five of Mandy’s purple projects! First you will be making a Doll Pillow, which will be the perfect place for your favorite doll to rest her head when she cuddles up in bed at night! Next, create a cute Coin Purse to hold all of your coins, beads, or any other baubles you might have! And you can put your new Coin Purse inside your Chic Tote when you go shopping for lovely treasures in your favorite shops. While you are out with your friends, you will look so stylish wearing a Sweet Skirt and a Rosy Ribbon in your hair, which are the final two projects you will make. Katrina Marie will teach you so many new sewing skills as you create all of Pixie Mandy Projects!


This was the first time I let my daughter touch an iron.  It helped me have confidence in her after watching the video.  She was very confident in herself and had no problems whatsoever.  I had more fears about this than she ever did.  Watching this DVD with my daughter really helped me get over that fear.


First of all I have to say that she was SO excited that I let her touch my sewing machine!! She is always asking me to teach her to sew but I just didn't have the patience or at least I didn't think I did.  She was very excited to watch this DVD with me and learn how to sew.  Watching this DVD first was very helpful because like me she is a very visual learner so she was very confident and didn't need very much help at all from me which was nice.  The only hard thing was my sewing machine is a lot more complicated than the machine they use on the DVD.  I simply showed her the few buttons she was allowed to touch.  I wished that I had an older machine like they had on the video for her to use but I guess she got the pleasure of using mine.


 Just from watching the video she was able to see how they guided the fabric with their hands.  I had to give her a little more instruction but she did wonderful.   She is only 7 years old and made this little skirt from the video almost entirely by herself.  There were only a couple of tiny things I needed to help her with.  She was confident enough that she did not want me to help with anything.  It was so fun to watch her and to see how excited she got about sewing.


She did a WONDERFUL job making this cute skirt by herself.   She keeps asking me when she gets to make her next project.  I look forward to our next sewing time together and I really want to check out some of the other project DVDs.




 **I received the featured product free of charge in order to give an honest review.  No other product or compensation was received.  My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and others may have a different opinion.**
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment