Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hidden Under Her Heart by Rachelle Ayala


**The opinion shared here is 100% my own and others may have different opinions.  I received the product free of charge in order to do an honest review.  No other compensation was received.*


Hidden Under Her Heart
by Rachelle Ayala

Maryanne Torres is a compassionate nurse who fails at relationships. After a string of losers, she swears off premarital sex, hoping to land a marrying type of man.

Lucas Knight, a law-school dropout, moves to California to train for the Ironman Triathlon. He's smart, sweet, and everything Maryanne wants in a man, but their relationship suffers from his dedication to the sport. Seeking consolation in the arms of a handsome preacher's son, Maryanne attends a church party where she is raped.

Maryanne is pregnant from the rape and plans to abort. But the identity of her rapist is hidden in her baby's DNA. Lucas asks Maryanne to seek alternatives and pledges to support her through the pregnancy. When Lucas becomes the prime suspect, Maryanne must clear his name and make a life changing decision.

My Review:

I recently received this book to review.  I would say that this book is a very dramatic but romantic novel. It definitely had its highs and its lows.  Just as I thought I knew where the story line was headed it would take another twist.  This happened several times throughout the book. This book had some controversial topics but I still really enjoyed reading this book.  Although there were controversial topics in this book these things sometimes happen in real life and there are some people that can relate.  There were so many emotions in this book that we can relate with not only as human beings but as well as with personal experiences.  Although many of us have not been through the exact events of this book the emotions that go along with experiences is what we can really relate to.  Fear, joy, happiness, contentment, frustration, being unsure of ourselves, and many other emotions are included in this book of which we can all relate to.  I enjoyed how descriptive this book was and how knowledgeable the author was.  I really enjoyed the main characters in this book Maryanne and Lucas.  They seemed like they could be so true to real life people, and probably handled the situations in the book as many people in real life would.  It was also fun to read about how much the main characters were in love despite all the drama in their lives.  This book definitely tugs at your heart and you feel for the characters.  Sometimes I have trouble getting into books and getting through them.  This book was an easy read and I was able to get through this book in 2 days.  Due to all the drama in the book I was very intrigued and couldn't put the book down.   I was very excited to review this book and grateful for the opportunity.   If you enjoy to read and can handle hearing about controversial topics then I can recommend this book for you to read.



*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Britney, thanks so much for the heartfelt review. I appreciate it, Rachelle

    ReplyDelete