Monday, June 17, 2013

Sizzling Summer Fun

This year my kid's school schedule changed.  They were on a year round school schedule in the past and this year it changed to being a traditional school schedule.  Now instead of being home for only 6 weeks they are home all summer.  It is fun but at the same time it is hard to keep them entertained.  My kids are a little older so they can entertain themselves easier than a toddler which is so nice.  I have been trying to find activities for them to do.  I found a DIY slip and slide online.  In the one I found online they used shaving cream.  People don't realize that a lot of shaving cream have an ingredient that actually bleaches your clothing.  I didn't want even their swimming suits being bleached so I decided to use dish soap.  It was so nice because it saved so much water.  We didn't have to have the water running the whole time.  We ran the water just enough to keep the tarp cool so they didn't get burned by it. They had so much fun.  They spent about 2 hours out there playing on this DIY slip n slide.  It was so fun to watch them play and come up with their little kid ideas of what to do next.


They had a lot of fun with this activity.


My daughter wanted to just lay on the tarp and make snow angles and wiggle around like a worm since the soap made it so slippery.  She really enjoyed this activity.  She was also a lot more brave than I ever expected.



The kids thought it would be a lot of fun to do relays across the play area.  They decided to be snakes in this picture and slither across the tarp.  They were coming up with all different kinds of animals to pretend to be and do the relay.  It was a lot of fun to watch.  


It was fun watching them slide over and over again.


Getting ready to run and slide across.


My son decided to wear his goggles which I thought was actually genius.  It kept the soap out of his eyes.  We couldn't find my daughters goggles that day so she didn't wear hers and didn't have any problems.  If you were concerned about tears you could try using baby soap.


Keep enjoying your summer!

1 comment:

  1. That is clever! Baby soap is a great idea. I bet it might even be easier to wash off of them later. They look like they're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete