Seems like I am always able to find the flaws in tutorials or patterns. I always run into the problem where something says to measure a certain way and I measure the exact way and it still doesn't turn out right. I was making this scripture case for my son's 8th birthday. I had to put it away for a little while due to being frustrated. Amazing how much a clear mind can help you fix a problem and then you just get it done so quickly. It only took me a few hours total to make this. Due to the frustration and wrong measurements on the example I was looking at it was longer than I had anticipated. It turned out pretty good. I even put a pocket on the inside that wasn't on the instructions I was looking at. I ended up having to add extra panels to certain parts to even make it work. It looks good to me because I am the one that made it. LOL. I wanted it larger than the scriptures so that he wouldn't have to struggle getting them in and out. I also wanted it larger because the pocket is on the inside. I didn't want to put the pocket on the outside because I didn't want stuff to end up falling out of it. I am satisfied with my final product but I think I may end up using some fray stuff on the edges on the inside since I don't' have a serger. Hopefully someday I will.
P.S. It may look crooked because of the first picture but it really isn't. The one side was just pulled all the way up where the other side was laying down before. Didn't want you to think I am a totally incompetent sewer and put a picture on the internet of something crooked. It isn't crooked. lol