Sunday, March 25, 2012

Striped Pencil Skirt

I made this pencil skirt the same day that I made the ruffle/petticoat skirts.  I just hadn't put a picture of it on here because I wanted a picture of it on rather than just on a hanger.  If I would have taken a picture with it just on a hanger you wouldn't be able to see the shape as well. This skirt took me about 15 min to make.  I made one seam right down the middle of the back.  This skirt I made out of a stretchy more lycra type fabric so it doesn't flow as I had originally planned on it being before I found some fabric I liked.  I really like the color of this fabric.  It is a pinkish/purple and white stripe fabric.  I got a really good deal on it too so it only cost me about $4 to make. It is very comfortable to wear.  I had fabric left over so I may end up using it to make a little dress for my little girl.  Who knows we will just have to see.  I have a few other projects in mind that I want to do right away before I make stuff out of my scraps.

1 comment: