Tuesday, July 16, 2013

First Try at Machine Applique


I recently started a quilt that required a lot of machine applique.  This is something I had never done before this project.  This quilt is actually a wall hanging that I am adjusting and making into a baby quilt for a friend of my husband.  Machine applique is actually pretty fun.  I would love to find another project that includes machine applique.  I always told myself it was hard so I never tried it, but I found that it is actually really easy.   It is one of those things that you try, can do, and just need to practice it.  You can learn machine applique in many places.  You can sign up for a class at your local quilt shop, look on pinterest, check out some youtube videos, or like I did just go at it hands on and just do it.  I didn't watch any videos or attend any classes.  I am so happy with how my first time turned out.  I am so excited that it didn't turn into a train wreck.  Here is a sneak peek at my project.  I will post final photos after I get my machine quilting done and bind the quilt.



1 comment: