Monday, July 29, 2013

Sizzling Summer Fun




I feel like I have been a little behind on blogging the last few weeks.  Having the kids home for the summer sure puts a wrench in my schedule and being able to get things done.  I feel like I have been MIA for a little while.  I had a family reunion a few weeks ago.  Then I quickly finished 3 quilts in a 2 week period from start to finish.  Then most recently last week I went on a vacation all week.  So I have been quite busy for a while.   I am hoping to have things calm down a little once my kids go back to school.  I think that just maybe I will be able to get back to a routine of some sort.  I also look forward to having a little more time to get some more sewing and blogging done.  I just wanted to share a few photos with you from my family reunion.  I realized after it was over that I didn't take nearly as many photos as I should have or would have liked to. 


 One of the days of my family reunion we went on a hike to donut falls.  The kids were so excited to be outdoors.


My little girl loved it.  She loved holding daddy's hand to hike up.  She is such a chatter box.  As soon as she got comfortable with my aunt she then insisted on holding her hand.  She continued to talk to her the whole time.  It was so fun to see her so friendly with many extended family that she has never met or doesn't know well.


The views were amazing.  I always think it is fun to be in the mountain, be able to see all of the beautiful nature, and all the small animals. 





When we made it to the falls my little girl wanted to take her shoes off and put her feet into the water.  When she stuck her feet in she realized it was cold like ice water so she pulled them right back out.  It was really funny.  She did this a couple of times then was ready to just hike right back down.  My son was hiking with my mom and we got up there after he had already started heading down with her.  He likes his Grandma time.



Later that night we had a family dinner.  One of my aunts had brought a bunch of marshmallow guns to have a marshmallow fight with.  My kids thought this was pretty fun even though it took them a few minutes how to figure out how to actually use them.




We did many other things that I never got pictures of.  We had so much fun at the family reunion.  Right after it was over my kids kept asking when the next one would be held.  It was so fun for them to have so many kids around.  We look forward to seeing all our family together again in the future.  This is something I have enjoyed since I was a young child and hope to be able to continue the tradition with my children.  I want them to know all their family like I knew mine.







2 comments:

  1. Family get togethers are great. I grew up around a bunch of cousins and desperately want that for my own girls. Unfortunately, my brother has no kids and isn't married yet, and my older daughter is already four. Luckily, I have a good friend living nearby and her boys are like cousins to us. My cousins have finally started having kids too. We all still get together regularly, but it would be so nice to have some little ones for them to play with.

    Glad your reunion was a good time. I think the lack of pictures just means you were busy enjoying yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very busy and it was a lot of fun. It is so good to have good friends around because family can't always be there. I feel it is so nice to make some great friends like family. I am so glad to hear that you have that love for others. Your kids will appreciate your effort when they grow up.

      Delete