Monday, July 8, 2013

Pot Holder




This is a pot holder I decided to make real quick this past Saturday.  We had a wedding reception to go to for my husband's cousin and I love giving hand made gifts. Many hand made gifts I have received over the years  I have really cherished.  I feel like you can never have too many pot holders especially when you have company over for dinner and have to cook a lot of food. This pot holder was just a very simple design I came up with to use some scraps I had laying around.  I decided do just make strips and sew them together alternating colors.  I then decided to add a skinny boarder around the outside to give it a more finished look before adding my binding. 



I did all the machine quilting on this pot holder myself.  I have been trying to practice my machine quilting not only to save $ on quilting but to also add another skill to my list. 


I decided to go with a very simple design for machine quilting.  I quilted a flower on each end and then just did a simple stippling around all the rest of the pot holder including surrounding the flowers.


Here is the back I chose for this pot holder, again using scraps.  I thought it turned out pretty good.  I am excited that my skill on machine quilting is improving.  I look forward to being able to quilt larger projects in the future. 



2 comments:

  1. Wow. I am always impressed when I see any kind of quilting, machine or hand, because when I make "quilts" the only quilting they get is a few straight lines to hold them together in the middle! This is so lovely. What a great job. I think handmade gifts are the best, too. Someone actually taking some time and thinking about you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Quilting is one of my passions and I love to practice and learn new things all the time even if not quilting. I do agree, handmade gifts are the best. I usually cherish those the most, and know that whomever made it for me loves me. Thanks for all your comments!! I love to hear what you have to say. :)

      Delete