Friday, May 16, 2014

Phonics and Reading with McGuffey for iPad Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
** I received the product featured free of charge in order to give an honest review.  No other compensation was received.  My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and others may have a different opinion.**


A little about Phonics and Reading with McGuffey:


Phonics and Reading with McGuffey I is a all in one low cost tool for teaching beginning reading for all age groups. It does not patronize older students, and it does not terribly bore younger students. It is a software tool that acts as a one on one tutor for those who maybe struggling in their effort to learn the basics of reading English. It offers drills, and personal experimentation, as well as real world reading practice. Every concept is built in a systematic way, with the first concepts being the simplest and progressing from there. It was developed with real people in mind who have real problems learning the basics. It can be of value to students that are not struggling but would like to have structure in their efforts to learn as the student can set his or her pace when learning.


My kids loved this iPad app!!


My daughter really doesn't like to read.  Actually it is a serious struggle to get her to try and read at all.  She has never been interested in reading, but because of this app she is now interested in actually learning how to read instead of having something just read to her.   This was a great app for her because she was able to learn the sounds that each letter can make.  It has letters and words associated with each sound.  It reads the word to you, shows you how the word is said, and has you read the word yourself.  This was so great for her because it was engaging and unlike a book she could actually interact with it.  I also really like this app because is great for all ages.  It has you create a profile and select your age so you can have age appropriate words and activities.  This is also great for an older child that may need a little additional help in building confidence in reading.





This app is great for helping kids gain confidence and learn how to read.  The way they go about teaching how to read in this app has helped my children further than any other app we have tried so far.  If you would like to help your child and their reading ability I recommend you check out this app.  It can be found in the iTunes store available for iPad. 


Check the iTunes Store today for Phonics and Reading with McGuffey!!


** I received the product featured free of charge in order to give an honest review.  No other compensation was received.  My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and others may have a different opinion.**

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment