Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Busy Day Cake

I got this recipe about 22 years ago when I was in girl scouts.  We had to learn to bake something to earn a badge.  I don't know if I actually earned the badge or not because I wasn't actually in girl scouts for very long.  

I'm not sure why this recipe is called a cake.  It is more like the yummy crumbly corn bread you make homemade minus the cornmeal.  It is a sweet treat that is more of a side dish than a dessert.  My kids seem to think they always need a dessert or treat around the house.  It doesn't hurt that I LOVE to bake just about anything.  The taste of this recipe also reminds me a lot of one of my favorite muffin recipes that I will share later on.  



Busy Day Cake 
1 1/2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Shortning
1 Egg
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Salt

Combine all the dry ingredients

Add the shortning and all the wet ingredients


Grease and flour a circle cake pan or a 9X9X2 square pan



Mix all ingredients well and place in floured pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 Minutes.  Top should crack just a little when done.

Enjoy your easy treat!!


No comments:

Post a Comment