Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hanky Panky


I finished this quilt back in October of 2012 and I am just barely now getting around to posting it on my blog.  I had made this quilt for display at Elaine's Quilt Block and forgot to take pictures before taking it there.  I just recently got it back and so I wanted to share it with you.  This quilt is using a pattern called "Hanky Panky".  The fabric line I chose was "Willow" by Riley Blake.  It is a line that is very pastel so great for baby quilts but not so great for getting a good picture of when the sun is just reflecting right off of it.  It is a gorgeous line.  I used grey fabric for the background because I wanted the other colors to be able to stand out.  It turned out really cute.  My daughter loves this quilt and now wants it on her bed with her rainbow quilt.  This quilt is a twin size quilt so it is plenty big for her to grow with.  




 The boarders on this quilt are piano keys that the pattern called for with left over pieces from each fat quarter.  You could definitely substitute this boarder for a regular boarder if you prefer.  I liked using all the pieces I could from the fat quarter to get the complete effect and not having to buy extra fabric was nice too.



 The Binding on this quilt was part of the willow collection. It was a pink stripe that I made bias binding with.  I love the look it gives to frame this quilt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment